Description: St. Patrick’s Parish is currently seeking the services of an Administration Assistant /Parish Secretary to work on a part-time permanent basis (30 hours/week) in St Patrick’s Parish office and to be part of a pleasant, dedicated team.
Main Responsibilities: Reporting to the Parish manager, the incumbent will carry out various tasks related to the management of administrative resources to the Parish office.
- Processing correspondence, emails, phone calls and ensuring all matters are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Meeting and greeting of visitors in a friendly manner to answer their various requests (masses intentions, funeral, burial information, invoices & contracts)
- Filing in Diocese software for all sacraments, funerals and burials registers.
- Prepare Funeral, burial or cemetery memos and lots invoices & follow-up for payment.
- Provide support for various administration files.
- Liaise with Cemetery Superintendent for burial schedule
- Update cemetery concessionaire files & verify request from family for lots
- Filling contracts for new concessionaire of lots, transfers of lots.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in dealing with people especially in emotional situation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications –Word, Excel, Acc Pac, Outlook
- Professional manner and presentation
- Attention to detail and a well ordered approach to work
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with Parish staff
Please send your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (418) 524-3544